Small colorful buttons called SmartForce® (Invisalign attachments) are inserted on the teeth. A strong composite resin bonding material is used to secure them to the teeth. If the patient cannot obtain the desired results with clear aligners alone, SmartForce® attachments are employed.
How do Invisalign SmartForce® Attachments help your treatment?
Over the years, Invisalign has been utilized to achieve even teeth for minor or mild malocclusions, but unlike traditional braces for this type of orthodontic treatment, extreme situations are still not achievable. Invisalign is now able to cope with more severe instances because of the invention of attachments. These tooth-colored tips, which are normally put in the center of the tooth, are attached to the tooth and will need to be modified further. They are available in a variety of sizes and shapes. It could be circular, squared, or triangular in shape. The intrusion, translation, or extrusion of tooth rotation for precise tooth movement is influenced by the shape and orientation of the attachments.
When a tooth needs to rotate because of significant dental twisting or crowding, the attachments are typically used. Attachments work by acting as an anchor point, allowing the aligners’ forces to be directed more effectively and accurately onto the tooth.
Read Teeth Aligners are good for Straightening Teeth
Attaching Buttons on Invisalign
Attachments are put in an orderly fashion. The “bumps” are merely associated by orthodontists with a range of different dental operations. A template is used to add an attachments. This is performed by following the steps below:
- Orthodontists can use clear plastic templates from Invisalign. It has little bulges that correlate to the location where the teeth must be positioned, and it looks like an aligner.
- After that, the tooth surface is cleaned and readied for binding.
- The bulb is then filled with a composite dental material that matches the tooth’s color. The attachment’s shape is determined by the bulge shape.
- The bonding chemical is then cured with a dental curing lamp after the template is screened to your teeth.
- The template will be removed after it has solidified, and any excess material will be cut away. The microscopic bump that remains in your tooth is what connects you to the rest of the world.
Can I still have Invisalign Attachments if I have dental restorations?
- Your orthodontist should be able to band attachments to your teeth even if you have dental restorations such as fillings, or crowns. Certain sorts of eateries, on the other hand, can be difficult to locate.
- Composite restorations – this should not be a problem because attachments are made of the same material as the remainder of the restoration.
- Metal or porcelain – attachments can be added to such restorations, albeit they may not be as strong as when applied to a tooth or a composite material. It can be difficult to put during the treatment depending on the level of forces used.