Newport Beach Dental Bonding
Enhancing the Appearance of Your Teeth
Dental bonding is used by our skilled dentists at Newport Smiles to either restore or enhance a patient’s teeth. It is a procedure that involves bonding a tooth-colored resin material to the teeth then cured for bonding.
- Effectively restores chipped, cracked, or decayed teeth
- Significantly enhances the teeth’ outer look through teeth whitening
- Closes diastema or teeth gap
- Shields the exposed tooth roots caused by gum recession
Dr. Aarti Puri has undergone special training in teeth bonding techniques. With several years of experience in cosmetic dentistry, he has expertly handled and turned dull teeth into beautiful ones.
Call us at (949) 570-5645 today to schedule your free consultation and find out if dental bonding in Newport Beach may be the right way to make the most of your smile.
Dental Bonding Enhances Your Smile
In comparison to other restorative cosmetic procedures like dental veneers, tooth bonding is a more affordable option and only involves a simple process. Thus, if you are only looking for aesthetic benefits, it is considered to be a cheaper version and a good alternative to dental crowns or porcelain veneers.
This simple procedure is typically done initially by picking a good amount of tooth-colored resin material. Preparations for the tooth will be performed through the application of a conditioning liquid to the tooth’s enamel. Then, the resin material is placed on the tooth’s surface and molded into the appropriate shape. The resin will be bonded to the tooth via ultraviolet curing light. Once it has solidified, our dentist will sculpt and conduct further polishing in order to obtain the desired shape and appearance of the bonded tooth. Normally, dental bonding only lasts for 30 minutes to 1 hour per tooth. The procedure doesn’t cause any discomfort nor pain to the patient thus, anesthesia is not needed.
Aftercare measures aren’t necessarily needed however, for the patients who have undergone tooth bonding, it is still imperative to follow good proper oral hygiene like brushing their teeth at least 2 times per day and flossing. The typical lifespan of a bonded tooth is three to ten years excluding the touch-up.
Benefits of Bonding a Dental Bridge
Various patients are turning to tooth bonding for turning their dull teeth into beautiful and better ones. Here are some of the reasons why:
- Aesthetic benefits: Tooth bonding is a type of cosmetic dental restoration that completely covers minor dental flaws such as cracked or chipped teeth. Moreover, tooth discoloration or stains caused by continuous drinking of coffee, eating stain-causing foods, or smoking can be hidden through this procedure. Minor decay in the tooth can also be replaced by dental bonding. Finally, the shape or size of a tooth can be changed.
- Versatility: Dental bonding can effectively restore not only one but more types of dental imperfections such as gaps, cracks, chips, and discoloration all in one procedure.
- Preservation of the natural tooth structure: Unlike porcelain veneers, dental bonding only needs a bare minimum extraction of the tooth enamel. Therefore, if the patient wishes to switch treatments, the resin material can be removed without much difficulty and without causing any permanent damage.
- Complete in just one visit: The whole process typically only lasts for half an hour to 1 hour for each tooth. Furthermore, since it is just a simple procedure, it doesn’t require much preparation. Thus, undergoing tooth bonding can be completed in a single appointment.
- Inexpensive: This procedure comparatively costs less unlike other cosmetic treatments such as veneers and is among the more affordable choices. Also, since tooth bonding can be done in a single visit, the patient can save travel expenses.
- A more subtle and natural option than amalgam fillings: In comparison to silver amalgam fillings, the color of the composite resin material used in bonding matches better to the natural teeth’ color thus, making it less conspicuous.
Dental Bonding – FAQs
How do I take care of bonded teeth?
Similar to how you maintain and take care of your natural teeth, a bonded tooth needs enough care for it to be able to last for years. Nevertheless, the measures you have to take in order to take care of a bonded tooth will not require much effort.
Such measures include:
- Brush with a soft-bristled brush and a toothpaste
- Floss to remove food particles between teeth and prevent plaque buildup
- Rinse away debris with an antibacterial mouthwash and water
How long will bonding last?
Bonding holds for approximately three to 10 years. Of course, any damage during that time might require repair or replacement.
Our Newport Beach dental bonding specialists are here to help whenever you need us. Contact Newport Smiles today to learn more about your options!
State of the Art Technology
Convenient Scheduling & Available for Emergencies
Sedation Options Available to Ease Anxiety
Comforting & Welcoming Environment
“Have been getting treated for my Invisalign's under Doc. Puri for over a year and can surely say she is a great doctor in every possible way. I have had my parents and friends come in here as well. The entire team at Newport Smiles is extremely skilled and”- Ishaan C.
Great experience overall! I’m sure I can relate like many others when I say I never enjoy going to the dentist. But I must say I look forward to my next visit here!” - Susana G.
“This is the first dentist I have liked since becoming an adult. Dr. Puri is just so amazing! She is so sweet and gentle and I just couldn’t ask for a better dentist! This place is top-notch and I would recommend to everyone i know!”- Taylor W.