Newport Beach Dental Implants
A Safe & Versatile Tooth Replacement Solution
Newport Smiles offers dental implants for those seeking permanent artificial teeth. Implants improve dental functionality for speaking and eating, as well as boost your confidence thanks to a restored smile. Dental implants are titanium metal screws of various sizes and shapes that undergo osseointegration, or fusion with the jawbone. Teeth implants can replace individual teeth on a case-by-case basis, or they can support a full-mouth restoration using permanent dentures. With proper hygiene and regular professional check-ups, dental implants can last for several years.
A suitable candidate for dental implants should have:
- Good oral hygiene practices
- Adequate solid jawbone
- No gum disease/periodontal disease
Our dental experts also consider other lifestyle and medical factors, including the use of prescription medication to manage certain conditions, and whether the patient smokes. We recommend contacting your insurance company to verify which type of dental implants your benefits cover.
At Newport Smiles, we do our best to answer all your questions about dental services. We also help to alleviate dentist-related stress by offering conscious sedation options to make your experience as relaxed as possible.
Dental Implant Procedure
Your dentist will make sure you are a good candidate for dental implants before recommending this treatment. Dental implants have a very high success rate. Our team will make sure you have the proper anesthetic during the surgery and discuss pain relief medication if you need it while healing.
Before the conventional procedure, patients may require bone grafting to help reinforce a deficient jawbone where the tooth implant will be placed. Bone grafting generally takes 4 months to heal properly. If necessary, tooth extraction will also occur before the dental implant is placed.
The common steps for dental implant procedure are:
- First surgery: the titanium posts are placed in the selected areas. The jawbone will be drilled, followed by the screwing of the artificial root. Once the new root is installed, your dentist will stitch the gums to cover the new root. The dentist will leave the area open where the restoration will be placed after the gums have completely healed.
- Second surgery: this happens once the bone has completely merged with the titanium posts, which takes about four to six months. The dentist will suture the gum around the placed healing cap. During this healing stage, the gum adjusts to the shape of the cap as it heals around it.
- Gum recovery and dental crown: the osseointegration process is complete once the gum has fully healed around the healing cap. The dentist will then discard the healing cap, place an abutment (the piece on which the crown is attached), and install the dental crown.
Healing and Care for Dental Implants
The various steps in the conventional procedure mean that the healing process will take several months. The number of teeth involved and the patient’s general health condition are other factors that will determine the length of the recovery period.
One of the greatest advantages of dental implants is the absence of special care. All that’s needed is regular oral hygiene. You should make sure to get regular check-ups at your dentist as well. This ensures that your implants and the rest of your dental health are doing well. If anything needs to be corrected, routine exams allow your dental professional to notice things early and provide appropriate treatment as soon as possible.
The most important steps to take to ensure your dental implants function properly and receive the best care include:
- Brushing at least twice a day, using a toothbrush with soft bristles
- Flossing regularly
- Using an interdental brush to clean hard-to-reach areas of the implant
- Using a dentist-recommended toothpaste
- Avoid chewing foods that could potentially damage your dental implant, such as hard candy or chips
- Contacting the professionals at Newport Smiles if you are grinding your teeth
Unlike your permanent teeth, removable dentures must be re-positioned every time you place them back in your mouth. Denture stabilization uses dental implants to secure your dentures in place, which makes wearing them more comfortable.
Denture stabilization allows you to upgrade your dentures at an affordable price. Your dentures will then last longer and be more effective. This same-day treatment provides stability, allowing you to enjoy eating all the foods that you have always loved. This procedure helps to minimize bone deterioration, and stabilization can be effective even when your bones have deteriorated due to age or illness. Dental implants will serve as anchors for your dentures.
Implant-Supported Permanent Dentures
Full or partial conventional dentures are removable tooth replacements. Some patients prefer implant-supported permanent dentures. If you are interested in this treatment, our team will determine if you are eligible.
The metallic implants are permanently attached to your jawbone, providing sturdy and stable support to your new permanent denture. The remaining natural teeth might need to be removed in the case of a full permanent denture. If the jawbone is weaker, our dentists may recommend bone grafting and waiting for the osseointegration procedure to heal before proceeding to the next step.
Benefits of implant-supported fixed dentures:
- Feel and look natural
- Confidence boost
- Eat anything you like
- Minimized bone resorption
- No face distortion
- Secure in your mouth
- No storage issues
These benefits to implant-supported fixed dentures justify the higher cost, compared to conventional full or partial prostheses. Our dentists will make sure to discuss which option is appropriate for your situation.
State of the Art Technology
Convenient Scheduling & Available for Emergencies
Sedation Options Available to Ease Anxiety
Comforting & Welcoming Environment
“Have been getting treated for my Invisalign's under Doc. Puri for over a year and can surely say she is a great doctor in every possible way. I have had my parents and friends come in here as well. The entire team at Newport Smiles is extremely skilled and”- Ishaan C.
Great experience overall! I’m sure I can relate like many others when I say I never enjoy going to the dentist. But I must say I look forward to my next visit here!” - Susana G.
“This is the first dentist I have liked since becoming an adult. Dr. Puri is just so amazing! She is so sweet and gentle and I just couldn’t ask for a better dentist! This place is top-notch and I would recommend to everyone i know!”- Taylor W.