All-on-Four Dental Implants in Newport Beach
Full-Mouth Restoration for Full Functionality
Natural teeth are important, and losing them makes many life activities difficult. While removable dentures can certainly help, they won’t match the advantages of your original, real teeth.
Don’t get discouraged. Newport Smiles is here to provide you with a perfect solution via our full mouth rehabilitation services where we use implant-supported permanent dentures. With our expert and qualified dentists, you get to have teeth that look, feel, and function just like your natural teeth.
What Are All-on-Four Implants?
Teeth implants are titanium metallic screws or frames that are surgically introduced into your jawbone beneath the gums by an experienced dentist. The ultimate technique to replace missing teeth permanently is known as the all-on-4 fixed prosthesis, where up to eight metal frames are inserted into the jaw. This method does not require you to have a new root for each lost tooth and you may not need a complete replacement.
To support a complete set of fixed dentures, a minimum of four metallic screws is enough. However, four to eight new roots in each jaw might be needed for permanent restorations. With a full mouth fixed restoration, you get to have natural-looking and feeling teeth and can eat and speak without any issues or restrictions.
How Full Mouth Implants Work
Permanent prostheses can be arranged on all-on-four, all-on-five, all-on-six, or all-on-eight new titanium roots inserted in each jaw. They can support both a removable or fixed set of dentures. The most frequently used, though, is the all-on-four prostheses, where two new roots are installed in the front of the jaw and the other two in the back at a 45-degree angle. Six or eight can be lodged in the jaw if enhanced support and retention for the prosthesis is needed. This method is not common as a greater thickness and volume of the jawbone is required if there would be several titanium posts.
Can I Get Permanent Dentures?
Permanent dentures are suitable for the following cases:
- Full Mouth Restoration: For a full-mouth restoration of your lower or upper jaw, Newport Smiles recommends multiple dental prostheses for supported prostheses. A full mouth rehabilitation replaces your whole set of teeth. This will not only give you a new, natural look and feel but will also enhance your overall facial appearance.
- Complete Smile Refashioning: Have you always wanted to regain your long-lost beautiful smile? Permanent dentures are the easiest and fastest way to you charm people with your new, lovely smile.
It should be noted that traditional implants are not possible if your jawbone is not sufficiently dense. The best alternative is a full mouth reconstruction with complete mouth dentures. A bone graft is necessary for traditional implants or you can choose to have a mini dental restoration to replace the teeth in your upper or lower jaw.
Full Mouth Restoration Procedure
Fabrication and placement of All-on-4, 5, 6, or 8 are carried out in two phases. The first stage is the placement procedure followed by the second stage known as loading, where the implants are lodged into your jaw and fitted with a suitable prosthesis.
Placement of Dental Implants
Our dentists will make sure that you are completely pain-free and comfortable by administering local anesthesia. For extremely anxious or worried patients, conscious sedation may also be considered. The surgical procedure is initiated by making an incision over the soft tissue overlying the jaw bone, where the new roots need to be inserted. A surgical flap is raised, and a small hole is drilled in the jaw for the placement. The titanium roots are then screwed into position while applying controlled forces.
Conventionally, a complete prosthesis would be fixed to the new roots by using an abutment once complete healing of the surgical site has occurred. However, new dental techniques today allow dentistry experts to immediately load them into the jaw with a suitable prosthesis. In the case of immediate loading, the prosthetic and the abutments are prepared before they are placed and immediately inserted once the initial surgery is completed.
Ready to get started? Call us at (949) 570-5645 today to find out if our all-on-four dental implants in Newport Beach may be right for your needs!
Benefits of All-on-4
- Durability: Fixed prosthesis are sturdier and more durable unlike the traditional dentures, where it needs to be repaired and replaced more often. Permanent ones can last you longer if proper oral hygiene is observed.
- Convenience: They are durable, sturdier, and more comfortable. They get stable support from the artificial roots so you can speak naturally and eat whatever you like. They feel like your real teeth.
- Quick Recovery: The procedure and recovery are easier because only four artificial roots are needed for permanent restorations. Our Newport Smiles dentists make sure the surgery is quick so you have a complete and faster recovery.
- Quick aesthetic results: The new teeth can be loaded immediately whether it’s an all-on-4, 5, 6, or 8 prostheses. You can go home and flash that new beautiful smile within the day. The traditional options require a number of months prior to placing a prosthesis over them.
- Bone grafting is not necessary: If the quantity and quality of the bone are insufficient for a fixed prosthesis, bone grafting is essential. Since the impact of bone loss in the front area of the jaw bone is mild, two new roots will be placed at the back at a 60-degree angle. The new roots can be inserted where there is less space between the lower and upper jaw bone.
State of the Art Technology
Convenient Scheduling & Available for Emergencies
Sedation Options Available to Ease Anxiety
Comforting & Welcoming Environment
“Have been getting treated for my Invisalign's under Doc. Puri for over a year and can surely say she is a great doctor in every possible way. I have had my parents and friends come in here as well. The entire team at Newport Smiles is extremely skilled and”- Ishaan C.
Great experience overall! I’m sure I can relate like many others when I say I never enjoy going to the dentist. But I must say I look forward to my next visit here!” - Susana G.
“This is the first dentist I have liked since becoming an adult. Dr. Puri is just so amazing! She is so sweet and gentle and I just couldn’t ask for a better dentist! This place is top-notch and I would recommend to everyone i know!”- Taylor W.