Invisalign® for Adults in Newport Beach
It’s Never Too Late for a Beautiful Smile
Invisalign® aligners are custom-made discreet aligners that can be used to straighten or align the teeth, fix tooth protrusions, and correct bad bites. They are made to put pressure on your teeth, creating movement to gradually fix your teeth misalignment, close teeth gap or diastema (a distinct space between the teeth), as well as improve other bite issues like crossbite which causes asymmetrical jaw growth, overbite, underbite, open bite malocclusion, and deep bites. These orthodontic appliances can also move your molar (tooth). Moreover, Invisalign® works in addressing thumb-sucking, correcting mild or minor speech issues, and regulating the upper and lower arch’s breadth.
What Is Invisalign®?
Considering your dental anatomy is vital in repositioning your permanent teeth. Since Invisalign® also deals with the pathology of the maxilla and mandible, for those who have crowded teeth, Invisalign® can work by expanding and contouring your jawline through the process called dental arch expansion. Invisalign® transparent aligners help reduce tension on the Temporomandibular joint (TMJ), effectively minimizing the swelling and pain connected with TMJ disorders. Through realigning and reforming your face shape, your facial features will improve. An array of aligners is given to you by your dentist. You will be required to wear them for over two weeks. You will then need to exchange your old sets of aligners with new ones. The new set of aligners is needed to be worn for another 2 weeks. This process is repeated until the best alignment results have been achieved. Unlike traditional dental braces, these Invisalign® clear aligners are removable given that you wear them for a specified period per day. Thus, they will not hinder you when you eat food, brush your teeth, or rinse your mouth using fluoride-containing mouthwash, and they are easy to put back when you are done.
NOTE: Invisalign® clear aligners can also be used by your kids even with their ongoing tooth development. Your children may require one or two clear aligners for their baby teeth or deciduous teeth, depending on the severity of their dental condition. Specific dental concerns in your child may warrant the use of tooth-colored Invisalign® attachments to guide and assist the tension from the clear retainer appliance to the teeth.
Thanks to CAD / CAM software, Invisalign's® clear aligners are made easier compared to traditional braces. Review the following to know more about the process in the creation of Invisalign® aligners:
How Is it Installed?
Learn about how Invisalign® aligners are fabricated and installed.
The consultation has two parts. One of our expert dentists will do an evaluation and exam to determine whether Invisalign® will benefit you and if you should be prescribed adult or teen Invisalign®. You will have the chance to ask any questions or voice any concerns you may have, eg, price, duration of Invisalign® treatment, and the possibility of seeing a simulation of your smile’s new appearance after the therapy via Invisalign® SmileView™ simulator.
The actual process follows with a discussion about your teeth. The following records are made:
- Impression and digitization: We will scan and take accurate impressions of your teeth as they are. This can be done using the impression putty and then digitizing the hardened putty into a computer loaded with special software. A better approach, if facilities are available, is to read off the 3D digital data directly from your mouths into the computer. These 3D digital teeth impressions are acquired through the use of an iTero scanner developed by Align Technology or some other brand of scanner present in your dentist’s clinic. We will build a computerized treatment plan that carefully maps out your teeth’ movements and produce your laser-cut aligners.
- Bite registration: We will then make a record of your bite.
- Dental x-rays: Next we will take X-rays which allow your oral surgeon to assess the jaw bone health and the tooth roots positioning. A panoramic x-ray or a full mouth series, or both, may be taken.
- Photographs: Invisalign® requires several patient pictures including front and side photos, front and side close-ups of your smile, and close-up pictures of upper and lower dental arches (maxilla and mandible). All this data along with the dentist’s advice will be sent to the Invisalign® company.
- Treatment simulation: Staff at Invisalign® technology will generate a simulation showing on screen your teeth through the various stages of realignment. This simulation will be sent back to us for any amendment advice or a final OK by your doctor. You may also be able to see this simulation and the final position of your smile.
- Manufacture and delivery: Once your dentist has okayed the oral surgery, your custom aligners will be manufactured using computer-aided manufacturing (CAM). Your aligners will be delivered to you through our dentists.
The total duration of treatment depends on your case. In general, the treatment will be around one year to 18 months. Each aligner has to be worn for about two weeks, as many hours through day and night as possible.
The Invisalign® Advantage
This teeth-straightening system was fabricated by an IT engineer for the primary reason of lessening the needed number of dental checkups due to the required readjustments to the tension in traditional braces.
The American Dental Association (ADA) suggests that in order to safeguard both your dental and overall health, having straight teeth is necessary. Invisalign® aligner trays were shown to effectively lower the risk of diseases of the oral cavity, salivary glands, and jaws as well as tooth decay. Moreover, Invisalign® is important in the field of periodontology and is effective for individuals who have periodontal disease or gum disease.
Just a few of the benefits of this system include:
- Invisibility: Being made of clear, medical-grade lightweight plastic material, the Invisalign® aligners are virtually invisible to the naked eye. This greatly benefits working adults and is the main advantage over other orthodontic treatments.
- Removable: Another advantage of Invisalign® is that you can remove the Invisalign® aligners yourself. Removing the aligners is required for chewing food and cleaning the aligner trays. When you get your new aligners you can put them on yourself. This saves you the time of frequently visiting the dentist by being able to do it at home.
- Easy to clean: Since the aligners can be removed, they can also be cleaned easily. Therefore, the aligners do not interfere with regular oral health measures such as flossing and brushing. Please bear in mind that you should keep wearing your aligners even when you sleep.
- More affordable than lingual and clear braces: The Invisalign® uses advanced technology for your treatment plan and manufacture of aligners. It does have a higher cost than the metal braces but is still more affordable than lingual braces and clear braces. Apart from that, each patient’s oral condition varies thus, it will greatly affect the total bill for the treatment. The dentist’s office location, skillset as well as if he/she administered sedation on the patient all contribute to the total expenses.
- Safety: Braces are made from metallic wires, which may have sharp edges. Invisalign® is made from plastic with no Bisphenol A (BPA) and has no sharp edges. Also, Invisalign® aligners bring little to no discomfort or pain.
- Reduced damage to teeth and gums: Between traditional metal braces and invisible braces, the former may promote demineralization and gum disease due to difficulty in cleaning while the latter poses no such problems.
- Faster treatment: Invisalign® usually takes a significantly lower timeframe before the treatment is completed.
- You know what to expect: With Invisalign® you can preview the outcome in a screen simulation.
Taking Care of Your Aligners
Invisalign® aligners will provide you with straighter teeth. However, proper dental care and maintenance are still needed to not cause any issues during the treatment. Neglecting this may lead to bacteria, cavities, or periodontal disease. Nevertheless, you don’t have to worry much since maintaining these clear aligners is not that difficult. Know more about how to take care of them by reading the do’s and don’ts below.
- Clean your aligners: Regularly remove your aligners and brush them gently. Plaque and dry saliva can breed bacteria. You can soak them in solutions designed for sanitizing the aligners and rinse them clean. You can also wash your aligners in lukewarm water. Never clean them in boiling water, as it can distort their fit and they may not fit in your mouth.
- Keep good oral hygiene: Brush and floss your teeth every time you want to reinsert your aligners. This will avoid trapping stuff that can cause decay and gum disease.
- Take travel precautions: When traveling, carry your previous set, and the next set with you. Use one of them in case you lose or damage your current aligner.
- Eat or drink while wearing them: Always remove your aligners before eating or drinking to avoid damaging them. You should also be sure to put them back as soon as possible!
- Use toothpaste on aligners: Many kinds of toothpaste have abrasives that can scratch your aligners. Some have whitening chemicals that can color your aligners. Do not leave them exposed while eating, soak them in appropriate solutions.
- Drop them: Invisalign® aligners are relatively fragile and tend to fracture easily if they are accidentally dropped. Therefore, you should make sure that when you are not wearing them, they are stored at a place where they will not fall. Also, make sure they don’t go missing or get misplaced. Mouthguards may not be required for Invisalign® aligners as they are removed during sports activities
Pricing for Invisalign®
The price for an Invisalign® treatment will be different for each individual. In general, the price range from $4000 to $8000. Your dental insurance provider may cover this ortho procedure while other providers may not. You may consult with an insurance agent to know more about the coverage of your insurance plan in case you have one. We can also provide you with an estimation of the total expenses of the Invisalign® treatment during your initial consultation. Apart from insurance plans, health savings accounts (HSA) and flexible spending accounts (FSA) are also among the several alternatives to reduce the total expenses of your Invisalign® treatment. Please contact our practice to learn more about any of the financing or payment plans or promotional specials we have.
Where to Get Invisalign® Aligners for Adults
To guarantee that your dentist is certified to perform the Invisalign® procedure, the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD) suggests that you seek a smile gallery of before and after pictures, testimonials, references, and documentation of ongoing education from your dentist before getting treated. We also recommend you to see the customer reviews of your dentist.
We at Newport Smiles have been providing exceptional orthodontics dental services to our nearby OC neighbors for several years. If you are near or reside in Newport Beach or Orange County, you can give us a call or pay us a visit at our dental office. Our experienced and caring team will make sure that you are comfortable during your appointment, be satisfied with the results of your treatment, and experience only the best dental service. We also provide other dental services such as cosmetic treatments, general dentistry procedures, dental bonding, crowns, dental emergency services, porcelain veneers, and restorative dentistry like dental bridges and dentures.
How We Stand Out
State of the Art Technology
Convenient Scheduling & Available for Emergencies
Sedation Options Available to Ease Anxiety
Comforting & Welcoming Environment
See what Our Patients Are Saying
“Have been getting treated for my Invisalign's under Doc. Puri for over a year and can surely say she is a great doctor in every possible way. I have had my parents and friends come in here as well. The entire team at Newport Smiles is extremely skilled and”- Ishaan C.
Great experience overall! I’m sure I can relate like many others when I say I never enjoy going to the dentist. But I must say I look forward to my next visit here!” - Susana G.
“This is the first dentist I have liked since becoming an adult. Dr. Puri is just so amazing! She is so sweet and gentle and I just couldn’t ask for a better dentist! This place is top-notch and I would recommend to everyone i know!”- Taylor W.