Most of us want to have straighter teeth, but the thought of wearing those ugly metal brackets and wires makes us want to reconsider our options. Not only that they don’t look good, but they are also uncomfortable. This is where Invisalign can help.
Invisalign clear aligners are practically invisible aligners that are custom-made to correct teeth misalignment. It does not employ metal brackets and wires, but rather a set of aligner trays that progressively modify the position of your teeth by applying pressure to induce movement. Each tray is made to be straighter compared to the previous tray at around 0.25mm per tray.
Invisalign Treatment Timeline
Adults typically receive treatment for a year, however, this can vary depending on the severity of the patient’s dental condition. The duration of the treatment for adolescents will also differ. Your dentist will closely work with you to develop a dental treatment plan that is tailored to your individual needs. Read more about Invisalign adults.
While Invisalign is an excellent alternative to braces, it does have some restrictions. In severe cases, traditional braces work best at correcting your smile than Invisalign. While this kind of orthodontic treatment is successful for mild to moderate cases of teeth misalignment and malocclusion, it will be ineffective for severe cases that require more complex methods of treatment.
Invisalign can be used to treat the following conditions:
- Crowded teeth
- Minor case of overbite
- Tooth gap
If it is determined during your appointment that Invisalign is the best treatment option for you, we will take accurate records of your teeth, including:
- Digital scan of your teeth
- Digital x-rays
- Dental and facial pictures
Benefits of Invisalign
- When you eat, you can take off your Invisalign aligners. Therefore you won’t have any restrictions compared to traditional braces.
- Invisalign is virtually invisible, which means it is a perfect choice if you don’t want to have metal brackets and wires showing when you smile.
- Brushing and flossing are made simpler with Invisalign because they are removable. This makes it easy to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
- You can remove the aligners temporarily when taking photos, participating in sports, or any other special occasion.